Monday, January 29, 2007

brooding, but in a nicer way

as some of you children may know, i was trying out silence. and i know for some of you its like "her?! being SILENT?!!?!?!?! that'd be the day..." but i mean, for some it may not be that big of a shocker anymore, not at all.
some people have said that it was a like a big ole vow of silence thing, but that seems a bit harsh. i mean i'm not waiting to get into the air force or not talking for like 9 months like some people (cough, dwyane, cough). but it was more like, uhm, i had a lot on my mind, a lot of painful stuff, and i needed to find silence in all of it so i could think. it was kind of like brooding, but in a nicer way. i guess just being thoughtful, but i mean, that sounds boring and so-- well, whatever. yeah, hmm. i was actually quite proud of myself, cuz i came up with this really good retort, like if someone tried to get me to talk, or teased me about it, or like just got me all offended it'd be ready. and it was like, "i'm trying out silence, why don't you try out respect?", a bit rude yeah, a bit forceful but it definately seemed a bit, i dunno, hypocritical. but i sorta softened it up, cuz it was like my mom i ended having to feed the would-be retort to... ah, well.
but like while i was at it, my dad gave me this good quote, fantastic really... and naturally, i'd like to share it to you.

"Many people ask me to speak, but nobody as yet has invited me for
silence.  Still, I realize that the more I speak, the more I will need
silence to remain faithful to what I say. People expect too much from
speaking and too little from silence."

 ~ Henry Nouwen  

SEE?!!?! ain't it just brilliant. you have to go back and taste it for a while, let it soak in. now go! GO! go back and read it again...

2 comments:

me...or is it? said...

That's a REALLY great quote. Silence periods are good, but they shouldn't be for too long, because then PEOPLE GET WORRIED!!! And it hurts them. But it's good to think.

EHEHE Quotes.

MACKAKELENZIO said...

well thank you for commenting again, its been nice... i guess that means i'll have to start posting more, don't it? ah, crud. well, its good for me... i think. ehee