Saturday, December 2, 2006

LUGS AND LUMMOXES ARE LAME!!!

i am going to give you a quote, get inspired humans! LUGS AND LUMMOXES ARE LAME! (ooo alliteration) do something, anything change the world, your world, their world, love. (here i'll squeeze in a ghandi quote "you must be the change you want to see in the world", so there.) actually i'll give you more than one, ooo it's your lucky day! these are some of my favorite quotes, and i want your feelings on them also. you have to read them slowly, savor them, don't just rush by, listen.

DANCE
as though no one is watching you,
LOVE
as though you have never been hurt before
SING
as though no one can hear you
LIVE
as though heaven is on earth.
-souza

our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. it is our light not
our darkness that most frightens us. we ask ourselves, who am i to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? actually,
who are you not to be? you are a child of god. your playing small does not serve the world. there is nothing enlightened
about shirnking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. we are all meant to shine, as children do. we were born
to make manifest the glory of god that is within us. it is not just in some of us, it is in everyone. and as we let our own light
shine, we unconciously give other people permission to do the same. as we are liberated from our own fear, our presence
automatically liberates others.
-marianne williamson

3 comments:

me...or is it? said...

those are really awesome quotes why haven't i heard them before!!!!!!!!!! I especially like the first one by souza. the part "sing like no one can hear you" especially applies to me. I liked the second one too but the first one was SO awesome it killed and slaughtered the second one. No offense. (see, now marianne feels bad! AGHH!) your quote is just...spectacularly orangeish as opposed to the first which is spectacularly appleish and you know what they say about apples and oranges (I would say the quote but i think there have been enough of those...)
i'm confused about your title. I know what a lummox is but what the heck is a lug? And why is it lame? enlighten me!
sorry about my last comment...it was kind of short because I didn't know what else to say. But i promise this comment will be so long it will make up for it.
Or maybe i don't feel like it.

me...or is it? said...

sorry i know i said i liked the quotes but i didn't really say why. the first one was great because of the idea that we should do all those things like no one is watching or listening but that people ARE watching and listening (and you shouldn't be self-conscious...this way you show your true personality.)

I liked the second one because it made me think a lot and everyone knows that that makes a good quote. and i had never thought about that before.

i had heard the ghandi one and i really like it, but a lot of people ripped him off and said kind of the same thing so it's getting old (for me at least.)
I forget the very first one....

me...or is it? said...

oh yeah that one's really...nocturnal. (I'm running out of adjectives.) it's really cool. how it goes all the way from "do something" to "love" which can be the same thing.
tata